47. MANUSCRIPT. CHRONICLE
First half of 17th c.
370 leaves. Paper; ink, vermilion; binding of cardboard and leather
33.2 x 22 x 5.5
Accession: 1887, A.D. Chertkov collection
The manuscript comes from the Epiphany Monastery in Kostroma
inv. 80497, ОР Черт. 115(Б)
- → Born in the spirit. Baptism of Russia and the triumph of Christian faith
- Under the Virgin Mother’s Protection
- Patrons and instructors. Veneration of saints in Russia and Russian saints.
- Light in the wilderness. Monasteries in Russia
- The Earthly Kingdom and the Heavenly Kingdom
- Holy objects in everyday life
- Heaven on Earth. Inside a Russian Orthodox Church
русский | english