44. SYNAXIS OF ARCHANGELS MICHAEL AND GABRIEL
Second half of 13th c.
Veliky Ustyug (?)
165 x 118 x 3.3
Provenance: local tier, iconostasis of the cathedral of the Monastery of Archangel Michael, Veliky Ustyug; from 1931 to 1958, Veliky Ustyug Museum
Restored at the GTsKhRM by A.N. Baranov in 1959–1968 (preliminary restoration by I.I. Tyulin in 1931)
- → Born in the spirit. Baptism of Russia and the triumph of Christian faith
- Under the Virgin Mother’s Protection
- Patrons and instructors. Veneration of saints in Russia and Russian saints.
- Light in the wilderness. Monasteries in Russia
- The Earthly Kingdom and the Heavenly Kingdom
- Holy objects in everyday life
- Heaven on Earth. Inside a Russian Orthodox Church
русский | english