32. VLADIMIR MOTHER OF GOD
Late 14th – early 15th c.
Andrei Rublev (?), Moscow
102.2 x 69.6 x 7.2
Provenance: Dormition Cathedral, Vladimir
Restored in 1918 in Vladimir by G.O. Chirikov, F.A. Modorov and I.A. Baranov
inv. В-2971, И-1111
- → Born in the spirit. Baptism of Russia and the triumph of Christian faith
- Under the Virgin Mother’s Protection
- Patrons and instructors. Veneration of saints in Russia and Russian saints.
- Light in the wilderness. Monasteries in Russia
- The Earthly Kingdom and the Heavenly Kingdom
- Holy objects in everyday life
- Heaven on Earth. Inside a Russian Orthodox Church
русский | english