129. VISION OF ST. JOHN OF THE LADDER
Late 16th – early 17th c.
181 x 142 x 4
Provenance: Novodevichy Convent Museum. Judging by a donations’ inventory of 1674-1675 of the Novodevichy Convent, this icon is believed to have been presented in remembrance of boyar Yevtropi Morozov
inv. 103803 И I 3039
- Born in the spirit. Baptism of Russia and the triumph of Christian faith
- Under the Virgin Mother’s Protection
- Patrons and instructors. Veneration of saints in Russia and Russian saints.
- → Light in the wilderness. Monasteries in Russia
- The Earthly Kingdom and the Heavenly Kingdom
- Holy objects in everyday life
- Heaven on Earth. Inside a Russian Orthodox Church
русский | english