128. VISION OF ST. EULOGIUS
Between 1565 and 1596. Cover: 16th c.
142 х 107
Provenance: Presentation Monastery, Solvychegodsk
Restored in 1959 at the GTG by I.A. Baranov and from 1993 to 1998 by D.N. Sukhoverkov; in 1959 a basma cover was placed over the panel, historically unrelated to the icon itself (restorer V.B. Yushkevich)
- Born in the spirit. Baptism of Russia and the triumph of Christian faith
- Under the Virgin Mother’s Protection
- Patrons and instructors. Veneration of saints in Russia and Russian saints.
- → Light in the wilderness. Monasteries in Russia
- The Earthly Kingdom and the Heavenly Kingdom
- Holy objects in everyday life
- Heaven on Earth. Inside a Russian Orthodox Church
русский | english