34. SUZDAL CHAIN
12th – early 13th c.
Medallion diams.: 9.1, 7.2, 5.5, 8.7, 6.8, 5.6. Bead lengths: 3.7 (2 pieces), 3.6 (6 pieces), 3.2 (2 pieces), 3 (2 pieces)
Accession: 1924, Rumyantsev Museum, Moscow
Discovered in 1851 by A.S. Uvarov during excavations near the village Isada on the Nerl River, Vladimir Oblast
inv. 54807, оп. 2190В/1, СБ 1374
- → Born in the spirit. Baptism of Russia and the triumph of Christian faith
- Under the Virgin Mother’s Protection
- Patrons and instructors. Veneration of saints in Russia and Russian saints.
- Light in the wilderness. Monasteries in Russia
- The Earthly Kingdom and the Heavenly Kingdom
- Holy objects in everyday life
- Heaven on Earth. Inside a Russian Orthodox Church
русский | english